AMERICORPS CONSTRUCTION SPECIALIST
Frontier Housing believes that everyone should have a safe, decent, and affordable place to live in the communities they love. Our goal is to make that happen in Central Appalachia by serving families and individuals with a wide variety of housing products, including new construction, purchasing existing homes, home renovation and repairs, rental units, and homeownership and credit advising services.
We are seeking a Construction Specialist through the AmeriCorps Homes for All program. This volunteer position comes with a living stipend and an educational award at the end of the service year. The AmeriCorps Construction Specialist will work on construction sites alongside families who are building their own homes. Frontier Housing will host the AmeriCorps member for a 1-year term, beginning Aug. 1, 2023, and ending July 31, 2024.
Construction Specialist goals for the year include:
- Assist in the building of 12 new Mutual Self-Help homes
- Help to teach construction skills and methods to homebuyers and volunteers
- Learn and develop skills in construction trades and management
The successful candidate is likely to:
- Have basic construction skills
- Be a self-starter who can work independently as well as with a team
- Have good communication and customer service skills
- Have a willingness to learn
The AmeriCorps Construction Specialist will report directly to the Mutual Self-Help Construction Supervisor. Members serve 37.5 hours per week. The service position includes a $20,100 Living Allowance, $6,895 Education Award, Health Insurance, SNAP Assistance (if eligible), Professional Development, and Holidays and Days off.
To apply, visit www.hhck.org