Frontier Housing has served northeastern Kentucky communities since 1974 by developing housing for homeowners and providing owner-occupied repair services. Frontier offers a supportive, fast-paced work environment, where we work together to build better communities. The Housing Specialist for Rehab will carry out Frontier’s owner-occupied home repair and rehabilitation program under the Director of Housing Preservation. The program uses grants and low-interest loans to complete rehab work for homeowners (primarily for homeowners with low- and very-low incomes.) The Housing Specialist will collaborate with Frontier staff from Construction and Lending to carry out the rehab program operations. This position is exempt.
Reports to: Director of Housing Preservation
Specific Duties & Responsibilities:
- Work directly with owner-occupied repair customers to gather all necessary application information.
- Work with customers and other Frontier staff to determine home repair needs.
- Package grant and loan applications to funders on behalf of customers, working as necessary with Lending staff.
- Work with Construction Department staff to prepare job write-ups and cost estimates, and to ensure proper completion of projects.
- Maintain customer files in Frontier’s CRM platform and on other formats as necessary, with accuracy and completeness, so that files are continually ready for monitoring by a funder.
- Assist the Finance Department in drawing funds from funders.
Experience & Qualifications:
- Expert attention to detail and record keeping practices.
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively.
- Ability to work with homeowners from diverse backgrounds, including people of varying economic means.
- Skilled in Microsoft software products, such as Excel, Outlook, and Word.
- Knowledge of, and an affinity for, Frontier’s mission, and for energy-efficient construction practices and methods.
In addition, the successful candidate must be willing to travel throughout Frontier Housing service area and to trainings, located throughout the country.
Preferred Experience & Qualifications:
- Familiarity with residential construction.
- The ability to speak Spanish.
Compensation: Competitive pay and benefits package, including a cell phone allowance, based on experience.
Location: Frontier Housing office in Morehead, Kentucky
To apply for this position, candidates must submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.