Frontier Housing believes that everyone should have a safe, decent, and affordable place to live in the communities they love. Our goal is to make that happen in Central Appalachia by serving families and individuals with a wide variety of housing products, including new construction, existing home renovation and repairs, rental units, and homeownership and credit counseling services. Frontier has served northeastern Kentucky communities for almost 50 years.
We are seeking a Volunteer Coordinator to create and manage a volunteer program at Frontier. This is an outstanding opportunity to build a new program from the ground up. This new position will enlist skilled and unskilled volunteers to help primarily with our construction program, and will recruit both locally and from outside the immediate area. The Coordinator will create processes that allow for effective recruitment, retention, and recognition of volunteers, and will work closely with other members of the Resource Development Department at Frontier.
Goals for the position in the first year include:
- Recruit 4 local church groups, 1 local school group, and 1 local civic group to volunteer at new construction and repair sites.
- Recruit 3 out-of-town volunteer groups to work on new construction and/or repair projects
- Sign up skilled or semi-skilled volunteer groups that will complete 6 repair projects
- Assist with filling 4-5 AmeriCorps positions
The successful candidate is likely to:
- Have an outgoing personality, and enjoy meeting new people
- Have a bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- Be able to develop and implement strategies to recruit volunteers
- Have proven experience in volunteer management or a related role
- Have excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Have strong organizational and time-management abilities
- Be passionate about helping others
- Feel kinship with Appalachia
- Have the ability to speak Spanish
The Volunteer Coordinator will report directly to the Director of Resource Development. We offer a competitive salary and an outstanding benefits package. Our office is located in Morehead, Kentucky. Some travel, some nights, and frequent weekend work will be required.
To apply for this position, submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.