Frontier Housing believes that everyone should have a safe, decent, and affordable place to live in the communities they love. Our goal is to make that happen in Central Appalachia by serving families and individuals with a wide variety of housing products, including new construction, repairs, rental units, and homeownership and credit counseling services.
We are seeking a Weatherization Manager to run the new Weatherization program in Breathitt, Lee, Owsley & Wolfe counties. This person will lead a small team of crew members and will implement Frontier’s Weatherization (Wx) contract with Kentucky Housing Corporation. The Weatherization Manager will also coordinate other home repair work in that section of our service area and perhaps in other adjoining counties.
Goals for the position in the first 12 months include:
- Weatherize 10 homes
- Capacity and commitment to study the weatherization contract in detail.
- Identify and recruit 1 Quality Control Inspector
- Responsible for annual state audit responses and day-to-day data input for the agency’s weatherization services.
- Conduct in-progress and post inspections when in-house crew or contractors complete measure installation and prepare any documentation or deficiencies and follow up.
- Schedule sub-contractors and inspectors; maintain communication with clients about status of the work on their home.
- Research and prepare grants for the Weatherization program.
- Maintain client records and make sure files and forms are up to date and comply with state requirements.
The successful candidate is likely to have:
- Past weatherization and/or construction experience
- Customer service and interpersonal skills
- Attention to detail
- Organization and ability to multitask efficiently
- Ability to work independently and use proper judgment to meet deadlines
- Ability to use computer programs such as Microsoft Office, Outlook, and Excel
- Ability to work with people from diverse backgrounds, including people of varying economic means; and
- Knowledge of, and an affinity for, Frontier’s mission, and for energy-efficient construction practices and methods.
In addition, the successful candidate must be willing to travel. Frontier provides services across the state of Kentucky. The Weatherization Manager will travel to all the new Weatherization program locations. Typically, evenings and weekends are not required, however emergencies require immediate attention.
The Weatherization Manager will report to the Senior Project Manager. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, including a cell phone allowance, based on experience. This position is located in Morehead, Ky.